Here are the answers to this week’s Tuesday Trivia questions:
1) How did Fort Hill get its name?
• A fortification was built on it by the Native Americans
2) What corporation was formed in 1792 and is the oldest existing company in the
• The Proprietors of Locks and Canals on the Merrimack River
3) What was the first textile mill corporation to open in Lowell and the last of the original ones to close?
• The Merrimack Manufacturing Company a.k.a. the Merrimack Mills
4) What hospital was phased out in 1930 and given over to the Grey Nuns of the Cross of Ottawa?
• The Lowell Corporation Hospital
5) Which Civil War veteran was a five-term Congressman, a one term Governor and a candidate for the United States presidency?
• General Benjamin F. Butler