Register of Deeds
Middlesex Northern District
Billerica – Carlisle – Chelmsford – Dracut – Dunstable – Lowell – Tewksbury – Tyngsborough – Westford – Wilmington
“In the right hands, a computer can do amazing things . . .”
That’s what I said during my first campaign for Register of Deeds. My accomplishments prove it to be true.
- Scanned 10 million pages of documents
- All records from 1629 to present freely available 24/7
- First Registry of Deeds in Massachusetts to go paperless (2007)
- First Registry of Deeds in Massachusetts to fully adopt electronic recording
- Smaller Budget – FY2012 budget is 18% less than FY1995
- Smaller Staff – Through attrition, reduced staff by 44%
- Smaller Space – Conversion to electronic records reduced space needs by 58%
- Smaller Overhead – More efficient document processing saves $40,000 per year
- All phone calls during normal work hours answered promptly by a knowledgeable staff member
- Visitors to registry receive one-on-one assistance with questions or problems
- Help via email 7 days per week at firstname.lastname@example.org
To help out with the campaign or to ask a question, email me at DickHoweJr[at]gmail.com.
MORE about Richard P. Howe Jr.